Epilogue: The Trash Scion Builds a Harem
I'm back to spending my days living as a body double at school, playing the role of Hoshimiya Eitarou.
Chairman Hoshimiya had apparently explained the cancellation of the engagement to Eitarou-san while withholding the finer details.
Having been told she was a beauty, Eitarou-san was extremely frustrated that he could no longer get engaged to the Rindou family's daughter and reportedly let out a wail of lamentation.
"Daaaaammiiiiittt!! I wanted to build a marriage harem of beautiful giiiiirllsssss!!"
...As expected, the real deal brings a different level of intensity.
I should take a page from his book and study harder on my acting as a trashy playboy.
Chairman Hoshimiya, who relayed the story to me, sighed deeply, saying that the day Eitarou-san rehabilitates seems far off.
When the lunch break arrived, I took my bento box out of my school bag.
Now then, where should I have lunch today?
As I looked around the classroom while pondering, my eyes met with Touka in the seat behind me. She was also getting ready for lunch and had placed her bento box on her desk.
Just the two of us... with Touka...
Spending time alone together in the Equipment Storage Room...
Remembering the kiss she gave me made my heart race.
Perhaps she felt the same way, as her face flushed slightly and she cast her eyes down shyly.
However, I am Hoshimiya Eitarou. In this school, I'm the womanizing, popular scion.
With a frivolous smile, I offered her an invitation.
"Hey, Touka. Let's exchange words of love together."
Apparently having overheard me, the girls nearby began whispering to each other.
"Hoshimiya-kun is hitting on Rindou-san again."
"Seriously, he never learns."
Hearing those voices, Touka chuckled in amusement.
She matched my acting and put on a prickly, aloof expression.
"Do whatever you please."
Saying that in a cold voice, she picked up her bento box and started walking off.
Of course, we both understood. We were accomplices.
This frivolous attitude was nothing more than a false front shown to everyone at school.
I'll head to the Equipment Storage Room a little after her.
"Oh my, it seems you've been rejected."
I turned toward the voice to see Uine heading this way, bento box in hand.
"If you are lonely by yourself, I will gladly keep you company for lunch."
"No, it's not like I'm lonely or anything..."
There was yet another girl approaching.
"Hoshimiya-kun. You can't forget about the party."
It was Mao. Naturally, she also had a bento box in her hand.
"O-Of course I haven't forgotten. I caused the two of you a lot of trouble, after all."
I had Mao and Uine help out with my plan at the Founding Anniversary Party.
So, well, I kind of owe them a favor...
Knowing full well that I couldn't refuse, the two of them smiled cheerfully at me with their bento boxes in hand.
"Hold on, you two! What are you trying to invite him to?!"
Touka doubled back in a panic.
"Don't worry, Rindou-san. I'll make sure to educate Hoshimiya-kun properly so he won't hit on girls,"
Mao declared in a confident tone.
"I'm not worried in the slightest. I don't feel anything for Hoshimiya-kun."
Uine tugged on my arm.
"Then, without further ado, Eitarou-kun, please have a meal with me."
"Wait! Both Mizuki-san and Hiou-san should be careful around guys like Hoshimiya-kun, who hit on anyone so easily!"
Touka began to panic even more.
"Eitarou-kun. I will be troubled if you don't keep your promise,"
Following Uine's remark, Touka asked her anxiously.
"What promise? What do you mean?"
"Because he promised us, 'I'll grant any wish.' Isn't that right, Mizuki-san?"
"That's right. Hoshimiya-kun clearly said, 'A man never goes back on his word' at that time."
I was at a loss for words.
It was a reckless request asking them to help me show off my trashy nature on the stage at the anniversary party. Furthermore, since neither of them knew I was a body double, I couldn't explain the detailed circumstances.
In order to secure their cooperation, I had no choice but to say that.
"Hoshimiya-kun, did you really make a promise like that?"
At Touka's question, I gave a small nod.
"Well, I got caught up in the moment..."
"Iiiii seeeeeee........."
So cold! Touka's gaze had become chilling enough to freeze me to my very core!
"It's okay, Hoshimiya-kun. I won't make any unreasonable wishes. I just want you to know the joy of loving a single girl like me."
"I also have only a simple request. All I ask is that you give me your utmost love, something more important than status or honor."
Both Mao's and Uine's requests sound absolutely outrageous, though...
☆
For that lunch break, the four of us ended up eating our bentos on the lawn in the courtyard.
Touka sat directly in front of me, with Mao and Uine sitting diagonally to her left and right.
Mao and Uine were smiling brightly at the prospect of eating together, while Touka's eyebrows twitched.
"I-It's... fun to eat together with everyone once in a while. I sit right behind Hoshimiya-kun, so we're always just talking, the two of us."
Touka said in a brave tone.
Then Mao raised her voice competitively, refusing to lose.
"Me too. Hoshimiya-kun and I are both Class Representatives, so we work together, just the two of us. I'd love to show Rindou-san how serious he looks when he's hard at work."
"H-Hmm. So Hoshimiya-kun gets serious at times other than when he's hitting on me, huh?"
Mao and Touka were violently exchanging sparks with their glares.
Watching them, Uine shrugged her shoulders.
"Mistress Number One and Mistress Number Two are squabbling, I see. Well, as the lawful wife, I suppose I shall watch from above."
"Who are you calling a mistress?!"
"Who's a mistress?!"
The two of them shot Uine a piercing glare simultaneously.
"Naturally. Women who can only lure men in with their large breasts are suited for nothing more than being mistresses."
At that, Mao deliberately crossed her arms, pushing her breasts up with a soft bounce.
"So I'm just a woman who can only lure men with her huge breasts, huh... What a shame~."
Touka joined in as well, pressing her own breasts together with her arms to emphasize them.
"Hoshimiya-kun's love for boobs is quite a handful, isn't it..."
Uine gritted her back teeth in frustration.
"Grrrrr... You cheeky big-breasted wenches...!!"
Caught in the middle of these three, I continued to eat my bento in silence.
It tasted absolutely flavorless...
The other students shot curious glances our way as they walked by.
"Hey, how is Hoshimiya so popular when he treats girls with such disrespect?"
"He's practically a legendary womanizer at this point..."
"Could it be that Hoshimiya-kun possesses some unfathomable charm?"
"He might actually become a harem king..."
Some students were exasperated, while others were oddly impressed.
"Here, say ahh~."
Touka suddenly held out her chopsticks, pinching a piece of food from her bento.
Feeding your partner with chopsticks—the rumored "ahh" that couples often do.
"I won't allow you to steal a march! Say ahh!"
Uine held out her chopsticks in front of me, refusing to be outdone.
"Come on, look at me! Ahh!"
Even Mao joined in, aiming the tips of her chopsticks at my mouth.
Currently, there were three "ahhs" thrust out in front of me.
I couldn't eat them all at once, and eating anyone's first was bound to cause friction.
Staring at the ends of their three chopsticks, I desperately thought of a way to escape this situation.
"I can't choose just one. I've decided that when I eat, I eat everything together."
Then, looking around at the faces of Touka, Mao, and Uine, I declared.
"To me, all girls are a feast!!"
Being called a "feast," the three of them wore expressions of bewilderment.
"I-I'm a 'feast'?! Hoshimiya-kun, you really were looking at me with those kinds of eyes?!"
Mao shouted with a hint of anger in her voice.
"Even when you talk about love, in the end, all you think about is devouring women."
Uine also shot me a slightly contemptuous look.
"Good grief... Where do you even get these ideas..."
Even Touka, who knew my true identity, looked exasperated.
With this, Mao and Uine should think of me as a trashy scion...
"If that's the case, then I'll give you a feast! You'd better take responsibility for eating it!"
Instead of withdrawing her chopsticks, Mao puckered her lips.
"What are you talking about?! I am the appetizer, the main dish, and the dessert!"
Interrupting from the side, Uine also thrust her lips forward.
"Wait, wait, wait, both of you! This is school! It's still lunch break!!"
I frantically pushed back the two approaching girls.
Or rather, haven't Mao and Uine gotten a bit too used to my trashy acting?
After lunch, on my way to the classroom, I passed Kaede in the hallway.
She quietly brought her face close to mine and whispered with a smile.
"Eitarou-sama. I observed you during lunch. As expected, your acting as a playboy is outstanding."
"Y-You think so? I guess I'm getting the hang of this body double thing, right?"
Suddenly, her expression turned serious.
"...It is just acting, correct?"
"O-Of course! I'm not dating anyone!"
A pleasant smile returned to Kaede's face.
"However, please do not push yourself too hard. If Eitarou-sama ever wishes for romance—"
Kaede leaned in closer, a faint blush dusting her cheeks, and said,
"Please consult with me first. With me. Understood?"
"Y... yeah..."
Kaede headed toward her classroom with what seemed like a rather cheerful skip in her step.
When I returned to my seat in the classroom, Touka was already there ahead of me.
Having been preparing for class, she stood up and brought her face close to mine.
She whispered into my ear.
"Hey, remember this. When you're pretending to hit on girls as Hoshimiya Eitarou, and you end up making someone fall in love with you—"
Touka stared intently into my eyes.
And then, she declared.
"I'll get serious, too. So you'd better be prepared."
Just what exactly is going to happen to my life as a body double from now on?
Even so, I'm slowly beginning to feel it.
Every day like this is becoming somehow enjoyable.
No one really understands who I truly am.
The one standing here is Hoshimiya Eitarou.
I'm living my life as someone else, someone who isn't me.
But I'm also different from the real Hoshimiya Eitarou.
I'm the "Hoshimiya Eitarou" that only I can be, the one who only exists right here.
I made up my mind to make my life as a body double even more fulfilling.




Post a Comment