NWQA9y4fvqTQ9rz5lZU0Ky7avuunQd0OpkNmfOuq
Bookmark
📣 IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE WITH THE ADS ON THIS WEB, YOU CAN JUST USE AD-BLOCK, NO NEED TO YAPPING ON DISCORD LIKE SOMEONE, SIMPLE. | JIKA KALIAN TIDAK NYAMAN DENGAN IKLAN YANG ADA DIDALAM WEB INI, KALIAN BISA MEMAKAI AD-BLOCK AJA, GAK USAH YAPPING DI DISCORD KAYAK SESEORANG, SIMPLE. ⚠️

[ENG] I Became the Strongest Thanks to the Devotion of a Fallen Genius Noblewoman ~After I saved a Fallen Lady who lost her Magic, She Won't Stop Begging for Kisses~ Volume 1 Chapter 1

 

Chapter 1: My Life Was Over After Summoning a Familiar from Another World



When I woke up, I was no longer in that dim, dusty basement, but in a room filled with an elegant, subtle fragrance. Thank goodness... Failing the Otherworld Summoning and having my mana stolen was just a nightmare. Sighing with relief, I tried to sit up, but the dull throb in my head and the unfamiliar ceiling snapped me into full alertness.

I couldn't feel a trace of my mana—the very lifeline of any mage. My inside felt completely hollowed out, left chillingly desolate.

Wait... I'm actually wearing clothes.

I noticed I was dressed in a plain spare uniform typically used in the infirmary. In the next instant, the memory right before I lost consciousness flooded back to me—that mysterious heat rushing into my body, blowing my clothes to shreds and leaving me bare right in front of a boy.

"So you've finally opened your eyes, Alphiria Glastonbury."

The voice was light, yet imbued with an icy chill. Seated loosely in a grand, majestic chair with her legs crossed in apparent boredom, a woman of striking maturity was reading a thick, ancient grimoire, without so much as casting a glance in my direction.

"Good morning," she added coolly. "How are you feeling?"

Her appearance was almost unnaturally ethereal, perfect as a porcelain doll. Her raven hair was darker than midnight, resembling a clear night sky, while her inorganic blue eyes were cold as the open heavens, devoid of even a shred of mercy.

She was a living legend rumored to have mastered every form of magic in existence, having tutored countless renowned mages. She was none other than Headmistress Ortea Welt of Aurora Magic Academy, the very institution I attended.

Beside her, Shinya Nanatsuma—the boy I had summoned—sat perched on the edge of a lavish sofa, shrinking into himself as if trying to vanish into thin air. The second our eyes met, every drop of blood drained from my face.

"H-Headmistress...!" I stammered, clutching my chest. "M-My clothes... You don't mean that boy changed me, do you?!"

"Calm down," Ortea replied smoothly. "I was the one who changed you. No matter how mysterious your new familiar might be, I haven't fallen so low as to leave a student in such a shameful state to a boy."

As she turned a page, her indifferent reassurance let me exhale a sigh of genuine relief. Thank goodness... at least my basic dignity remains intact. However...

"Mind you," the Headmistress added dryly, "he certainly seemed to take in every single detail of your body from the moment you passed out until you were brought to this room."

"Nyyyuuugh?!"

A choked, squeaking scream spilled from my throat. Shinya flinched visibly, curling even tighter into a ball. There's no doubt about it... he saw me completely stark naked!

"...I feel absolutely awful," I muttered, hanging my head.

"Heh-heh. I imagine you do," Ortea chuckled ruthlessly. "Reaping the consequences of your own folly, losing the vast majority of your prized magic, and having your most private parts fully exposed... If I were in your shoes, I'd want to die."

Headmistress Ortea snapped her grimoire shut and cast a glance over at me. Her eyes held no pity, only the cold assessment one might give to a depreciated antique—or the chilling gaze of an executioner about to hand down judgment upon a criminal.

"Alphiria Glastonbury," she began in a low, measured tone. "Do you truly comprehend what you have done?"

"...Yes," I answered softly.

Though her voice was calm, the unspoken pressure left zero room for excuses, leaving me no choice but to nod. The moment I woke up in this room, I had to assume this arch-mage already saw straight through everything.

"Was it arrogance born of genius, or mere conceit? Either way, dabbling in forbidden magic was an utterly foolish move on your part."

"I had thought you were smarter than that," Headmistress Ortea added with a heavy sigh. I had no defense to offer. Still, how had she realized I used forbidden magic? I had erected a concealment barrier around that basement room specifically to prevent any interference during the ritual. I was confident it would go unnoticed, even by a prodigy mage like the Headmistress.

"You're wondering how I noticed, aren't you?" Ortea remarked, reading my mind. "The moment that spell is cast, it triggers a warning spell I personally set. Did you really think I would overlook a foolish student meddling with taboos? But setting that aside..."

Pausing mid-sentence, Headmistress Ortea turned her gaze away from me—shifting her cold, dismissive stare toward Shinya, who was cowering uncomfortably on the sofa beside me.

"What do you intend to do about this boy?" she demanded sharply. "Because you broke a taboo, an innocent boy from another world has had his entire life shattered. How do you plan to take responsibility for that?"

"How...? Well, if we just send him back to his original world—" I stammered, before cutting myself off in realization.

"So you finally realize," Ortea noted grimly. "Why do you think Otherworld Summoning is deemed a forbidden spell? It isn't because it requires immense mana or almost certainly kills the caster. It is because there exists no spell to return a summoned being to their home world."

"B-But...!" I bit my trembling lip and protested. "I was fully aware that no spell exists to return someone to their world!"

Clenching my teeth, I pushed back with an unsteady voice.

"The ritual was meant to summon a hero, spirit, or divine beast from another realm to forge a contract...! Not a single document ever mentioned that an ordinary human like us would be summoned...!"

"And that is precisely what I mean by your conceit," Ortea cut in sharply. "You lacked both the resolve to peer into an unknown world and the imagination to prepare for unforeseen consequences."

Headmistress Ortea's cold, cutting words shut down my excuses without a shred of leniency.

"Because of your shallow ambition, the boy sitting right there has lost his homeland, his family, and everything he has ever known. You have bound a completely uninvolved civilian to this world for the rest of his life. From his perspective, you are nothing less than a demon who destroyed his life."

"Ah..." I gasped, speechless.

Her words pierced my chest like sharp blades, carving deep into my soul. Fearfully glancing over at the sofa, I saw Shinya sitting motionless with his head lowered. He remained silent, but his knuckles were turned white from clenching his fists on his knees, his shoulders quivering faintly. That quiet tremor spoke volumes of his aimless rage and despair—a storm of emotion I was far too terrified to confront.

"The instant a summoning occurs, a master-servant bond is automatically established between the caster and the target," Ortea continued coldly. "Despite being dragged here solely for our convenience, they are given no right to refuse. No matter how powerful a mage might be, such inhumanity cannot be condoned."

"T-That is..." I stammered, unable to find words.

"This is entirely different from conversing with a spirit to forge an equal contract," she declared firmly. "It is nothing short of kidnapping an inhabitant of another world for one's own selfish ends and forcing them into absolute submission—enslavement."

Enslavement. The cruel, barbaric weight of that word sent a chilling shudder down my spine. Blinded by my own grandiose ideals, I had unwittingly committed a despicable act that disgraced the proud name of Glastonbury.

"Ugh... Ah..." I whimpered softly, overcome with guilt.

I couldn't bring myself to look the boy on the sofa in the eye. To him, his peaceful everyday life had been ripped away without warning out of nowhere—and the perpetrator was none other than myself.

"That is precisely why Otherworld Summoning is classified as a forbidden magic," Ortea sighed. "However, dwelling endlessly on what has already transpired will achieve nothing. It's a waste of time."

"I am a busy woman, after all," she remarked dispassionately, placing her book on the desk before rising gracefully to her feet.

"Now, onto the main matter," Ortea stated. "Under normal circumstances, committing a taboo would result in your immediate expulsion from the academy, a formal report to the Glastonbury family, the revocation of your mage license, and execution—"

"I will accept whatever punishment is handed down!" I blurted out, bowing my head. "It is the only way I can make amends..."

"Listen until I finish speaking, you fool," Ortea snapped, shaking her head.

With a weary sigh, Headmistress Ortea shrugged her shoulders.

"I said 'under normal circumstances,' did I not? Punishing you would be simple enough, but that would leave a permanent stain on the academy's reputation for harboring a fool who breached a taboo. Nor do I wish to see the downfall of Glastonbury House. Therefore, I have a proposal for you."

"A... proposal?" I echoed hesitantly.

A thin smirk curled the corners of Headmistress Ortea's lips, resembling a serpent that had just spotted its prey as she continued.

"I have three conditions," she outlined smoothly. "First: register this boy as your official Familiar and conceal his true identity at all costs. The instant anyone discovers he is an otherworlder, consider your neck on the chopping block."

"Understood," I agreed firmly. "I will do everything in my power to keep his identity hidden."

"Second," Ortea continued, "your mana is currently residing inside this boy. If left unchecked, there is no telling what anomalies might occur."

As she spoke, Headmistress Ortea pointed toward Shinya, where faint phosphorescent wisps of rainbow-colored mana shimmered around his body. The glow had attained a purity far exceeding my own original mana, transforming into something eerily, beautifully divine.

"Therefore, as his master, you will live alongside him and find a way to resolve this situation," she commanded. "I care not what methods you use. Reclaim your power as a mage."

"I understand," I replied, taking a deep breath. "And what is the third condition?"

"Starting tomorrow, Shinya will be enrolled as a student at the academy," Ortea explained. "His official cover shall be... your newly hired butler or personal guard."

Even as she asked for my agreement, I had no alternative other than to nod.

Given that I could have been executed on the spot, receiving this grace period was more than I could have ever hoped for. Rather than losing everything and dying as a disgraced fool who broke a taboo, I was ready to swallow any humiliation. Seeing my immediate compliance, Headmistress Ortea gave a satisfied nod.

"Very good. However, do exercise proper restraint," she advised with a cheeky glint in her eyes. "Though, when a young man and woman live together under the same roof, I suppose a mistake or two wouldn't be entirely unexpected..."

"...Pardon?" I squeaked.

The icy mask vanished from Headmistress Ortea's face, replaced by the mischievous grin of a playful girl. A bad feeling immediately washed over me.

"While I am an educator, I have no interest in prying into your personal privacy," she added lightly. "You must take responsibility for your own actions."

"...I'm sorry, what?" I repeated, blinking in shock.

"Why the blank look?" Ortea chuckled teasingly. "Starting today, you will be living together with him. It is only natural for a master and Familiar to share a roof to deepen their bond, isn't it?"

"So feel free to enjoy your new cohabitation," she declared with a cheerful smile. My mind went completely blank, and the color drained from my face once more. The shock of this revelation was almost greater than losing my magic entirely.

"W-Wait a minute!" Shinya, who had remained silent until now, finally spoke up in a panic. "Isn't that going way too far—?!"

The boy blurted out his desperate protest, but there was no chance the Headmistress would retract a decision over a minor objection.

"Apologies, young man, but this matter is settled," Ortea informed him smoothly. "Regrettable as it may be, you have no right of refusal. Besides, this is for your own benefit as well."

"...What do you mean?" Shinya asked, frowning.

"You know nothing of this world, nor of this kingdom," she reasoned pragmatically. "Do you honestly think you can survive on your own?"

"Th-That's... impossible," he admitted quietly.

"Precisely," Ortea nodded smoothly. "Your only path to survival in this world is to grow stronger alongside this former prodigy mage."

Confronted with undeniable logic, Shinya fell silent. If you're going to be my Familiar, I wish you'd put up a slightly better argument on your master's behalf...

"Now then, that concludes our discussion," Ortea announced, clapping her hands lightly. "Ah, I almost forgot—make sure to provide regular updates on how the mana absorbed by his body alters, as well as any physical changes he undergoes. This is an unprecedented case. Best of luck to the two of you!"

Blinking in utter dismay as she offered an unnecessarily charming wink, I glanced over at the boy beside me, whose face had inexplicably flushed bright red. What am I going to do now? Losing my mana to a forbidden spell is catastrophic enough, but if everyone finds out I'm living under the same roof as a boy...

Holding my head in my hands, I stepped out of the Headmistress's office with heavy feet. As the heavy wooden door slammed shut behind us, the crisp, chilly night air prickled against my skin. Glancing out the hallway window, I saw that the sun had completely set, casting the academy into darkness. It had still been daylight when I began the ritual... Just how long had I been unconscious?

"U-Um... Alphiria?" a hesitant voice called out from behind.

I turned around to find the boy I was about to share room and board with standing there, looking thoroughly bewildered.

"Just call me Aria," I told him, rubbing my temples. "I'm sorry, but could you please not talk to me right now? I don't have the mental space for this, and I don't even know what I'm supposed to do either."

"...Sorry," Shinya apologized softly, slumping his shoulders.

His dejected response gave me a tiny pang of guilt deep inside. I knew I was taking my frustration out on him. I knew he was entirely innocent. The only one at fault was my arrogant, overconfident self. Yet, if I didn't push him away, I was so shaken up that I wouldn't be able to maintain my composure.

Dabbling in forbidden magic, losing my mana, and now starting a cohabitation with a boy... This is the greatest disgrace in the entire history of Glastonbury House, I lamented internally.

Because it was entirely my own doing, I couldn't even laugh it off. Forget wanting to crawl into a hole—I wanted to bury myself deep underground. If only I could master time-reversal magic and start all over... Though, time magic was classified as a taboo as well.

"For now, just follow me," I instructed, letting out a heavy sigh. "We'll discuss the details once we get back to my room."

Click, clack. Only the sound of my heels echoed through the stone corridor. The very hallway I usually walked with grace and pride now felt like a minefield.

"If anyone sees me walking around with you..." I whispered nervously.

“Ah! Lady Alphiria!”

​I spotted a few underclassmen girls walking toward me from up ahead. Just my luck. Why did I have to run into someone today of all days? My heart began to pound with a violence I had never experienced before.

​Calm down, Alphiria Glastonbury. Sure, you did something a tiny, little, slightly improper, but no one knows besides the headmistress. And you cannot let anyone else find out!

​“Good evening. How are you all doing tonight?”

​I offered a pleasant smile, trying my absolute best to act composed and pretend everything was normal. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Shinya swiftly duck behind my back, keeping his head down so as not to draw attention. Good call, I commended him inwardly—until...

​“...? Um, Lady Alphiria, who is that person behind you? C-Could he be... your fiancé?!”

​Oops. The conversation had taken a completely unexpected turn. The underclassmen’s eyes practically sparkled with raw curiosity. I fought with everything I had to keep my cheeks from twitching. Granted, the Glastonbury family was a distinguished lineage of mages and one of the kingdom's premier noble houses. It wouldn't be strange in the slightest for me to have a fiancé.

​“W-Well... He's, um... It's not like that...”

​“I am not her fiancé. I am Lady Alphiria’s newly hired bodyguard and butler.”

​Just as I was agonizing over how to explain the situation, Shinya answered without a single moment of hesitation. It was a flimsy excuse, but the attire he was wearing wasn't entirely unlike formal modern dress, giving it a semblance of credibility. Above all, his composure was so utter and absolute that both the underclassmen and I found ourselves convinced.

​“She was giving me a tour so I could get accustomed to the academy's atmosphere. Isn't that right, Lady Alphiria?”

​“Y-Yes, exactly! That's how it is! I told my father I didn't need a bodyguard or a butler, but he simply refused to listen. So, much as it pains me, I have no choice but to keep him at my side!”

​Forgive me for using you as an excuse, Father. But this man is the one to blame, I quietly apologized and rationalized to myself. Thanks to that lie, however, it looked like we were going to survive this predicament.

​“Is that so...! I'm so sorry for assuming!”

​“Fufu. It is quite alright, do not give it another thought.”

​“Thank you so much. Well then, we'll be taking our leave now. Good luck with your new job, Mr. Butler!”

​“Yes, I will work hard so Milady doesn't toss me out.”

​With a quick bow, the underclassmen went on their way. As the storm passed and silence settled over the hallway once more, I let out a heavy sigh. A surge of anxiety washed over me—how was I supposed to survive this going forward? Still, putting that aside for now...

​“Not bad for coming up with it on the spot. That lie back there was actually quite impressive.”

​“Hahaha... I'm just glad I read all those light novels.”

​He chuckled wryly, adding that he thought his life span had just been shortened. I had no idea what a “light novel” was, but I assumed it was some kind of grimoire from his world. Despite his appearance, he seemed surprisingly cultured.

​“More importantly, shouldn't we hurry up and head to your room? If we run into anyone else, I don't think I'll be able to pull that off again.”

​“Indeed... Wait, don't you dare order me around!”

​Urged on by him, I started walking, but my headache was growing exponentially worse by the second. By tomorrow, word that I had hired a new butler would surely spread throughout the campus.

​Fortunately, the academy was currently on spring break, meaning opportunities to bump into students or teachers were extremely rare. There was still a week left before classes resumed, so I needed to figure out a solution before then.



*****



When we finally reached my quarters, I locked the door behind us and stepped into the living room. The moment I did, the thread of tension keeping me upright snapped, and I collapsed onto the floor. It was absurd that merely walking back to my own room could drain my spirit so thoroughly.

“Haaah... I thought I was going to collapse,” I groaned, slumping further. “I never imagined just walking down a corridor could be so nerve-wracking.”

“I’ve been terrified out of my mind the entire time,” Shinya admitted, looking around in bewilderment. “Just to be clear... this is actually a school dorm, right? It looks more like a luxury hotel or a palace fit for a princess.”

Shinya looked around in awe, his voice dripping with disbelief. This suite was a special privilege granted exclusively to the top student of Aurora Magic Academy—which meant it had been custom-prepared for my use.

Soft light radiated from a grand chandelier suspended from the high ceiling, while plush carpeting favored by the royal family stretched beneath our feet. Complete with its own private bath chamber, it was a lavish sanctuary far too grand for an ordinary student. Yet right now, all this extravagance felt like a cruel irony.

“Nonsense. It’s just an ordinary dorm room,” I replied dryly, resting my head against the wall. “Though... I wouldn’t be surprised if I get thrown out any day now.”

“Really?” Shinya asked, tilting his head in confusion.

“These quarters are reserved strictly for the top student of the academy,” I explained with a bitter chuckle. “Now that I’ve lost almost all my mana and stand on the brink of expulsion, it’s only a matter of time before they kick me out.”

As I tried to push myself up with a self-deprecating laugh, a violent wave of dizziness hit me. My vision twisted out of focus, my legs buckled beneath me, and I pitched forward toward the floor.

“Alphiria?!” Shinya cried out in alarm.

Dashing forward on instinct, Shinya caught me before I hit the ground. But unable to hold his balance, he collapsed backward onto his back, bringing me down with him.

“Ow, ow, ow... Alphiria, are you alright?” Shinya groaned, rubbing the back of his head.

“Y-yes... Thanks to you, I’m entirely unhurt,” I stammered, catching my breath. “Thank you, Shinya. Besides, didn’t I tell you that Aria is fine?”

“Sorry about that,” Shinya offered with a sheepish grin. My heart gave a sudden thud, and a blush crept onto my cheeks. How long had it been since someone treated me with such gentleness? I couldn’t even remember the last time I had felt another person’s warmth.

“U-Um... would you mind standing up when you’re ready...?” Shinya asked hesitantly, sounding somewhat flustered.

“...Huh?” I blinked in confusion.

Hearing Shinya’s awkward voice, I suddenly realized I was sprawled directly on top of him, my body pressed tight against his chest. Good heavens! I looked like some frail fairy-tale princess clinging helpless to her knight!

“I-I’m so sorry!” I shrieked, my face burning with embarrassment.

I scrambled away from him as if scalded. My heart thundered against my ribs, and my face felt hot enough to burst into flames. But then I caught myself. The splitting headache that had racked my skull had miraculously subsided to a peaceful calm, and a faint warmth seeped back into my leaden limbs.


Could his mana have flowed into me just now...?


It was distinctly different from my own magic, yet it felt intoxicatingly pleasant—like a gentle rain soaking into parched soil, permeating every corner of my body.

“Your color looks a bit better, but... are you really alright?” Shinya asked gently, peering into my face with concern.

“F-F-Fine! Absolutely fine!” I stammered, waving my arms frantically. “More importantly, we need to assess our situation!”

Shaking my head vigorously to flush the heat from my cheeks, I sank onto the plush sofa. Shinya scanned the room for a place to sit, but quickly abandoned the idea and chose to remain standing. A wise attitude. Had he dared to sit down beside me, I would have struck him with everything I had. Moving on...

“For reasons yet unknown, the vast majority of my mana was absorbed into your body, Shinya,” I began gravely. “Can you feel it inside you?”

“...Sort of,” Shinya admitted, placing a hand over his chest. “I can feel something warm and powerful swirling inside me.”

He rested a palm over his left chest as he answered. The heart served as the primary reactor for mana generation. That he could pinpoint it without instruction proved his keen intuition.

“Excellent,” I approved with a nod. “Now then, can you draw that power out? Try visualizing opening a tap—picture your mana as water flowing forth.”

The first step toward becoming a mage was perceiving one’s own mana. The second was channeling that mana at will. Without mastering these fundamentals, studying advanced magic was utterly pointless.

“......That might be a bit too much to ask,” Shinya confessed with a grimace. “I can’t even begin to visualize what drawing out mana feels like.”

“I expected as much,” I sighed softly. “Very well. Hold out your right hand.”

I placed my right hand atop his extended palm. Unwittingly, my heart skipped a beat at the solid, calloused touch of a boy’s hand. Clearing my throat hurriedly, I resumed the lesson.

“...It’s warm,” Shinya murmured, his eyes widening. “Is this...?”

“I’m channeling a tiny spark of my remaining mana into you,” I explained. “Now, offer me your left hand.”

Shinya obediently extended his left hand without complaint. His eyes sparkled with childlike wonder and excitement—reminding me irresistibly of myself when I had first touched magic years ago.

“Don’t overthink it,” I guided him gently. “Imagine what you wish to create with magic. Do you want to spark a flame? Summon water? Or perhaps evoke a gust of wind?”

“A flame, I think,” Shinya replied thoughtfully.

“What kind of flame?” I probed. “Visualize its exact shape and warmth in your mind.”

Nodding quietly, Shinya closed his eyes in concentration. Consuming the trickle of mana I shared with him, the flame he pictured slowly materialized above his open left palm.

It was less a destructive fire and more a tender light—a soft, gentle flame meant to illuminate the dark rather than burn. It was a far cry from actual spellcasting, yet there was a quiet, captivating wonder in watching it flicker.

“Is this... actual magic?” Shinya whispered, staring spellbound at his palm.

He stared in dazed awe at the flame flickering atop his hand. Seeing him look so utterly enchanted, like a child discovering magic for the first time, was—to put it mildly—undeniably endearing.

“A stellar effort for your first attempt,” I praised him. “Now, try doing the exact same thing using the mana stored inside your own body. I’ll guide you.”

“Alright. I’ll give it a shot,” Shinya agreed, determination coloring his voice.

With a resolute nod, Shinya closed his eyes once more. My mana was currently circulating throughout his body. Using that connection as a key, I hoped to awaken the vast reservoir of my stolen magic slumbering within him—and ideally, siphon it back.

“...I’m sorry, Aria,” Shinya muttered, his shoulders slumping in disappointment. “I don’t think I can pull it off.”

He looked so crestfallen, like a guilty puppy terrified of being scolded by its master. Seeing him like that, any impulse to reprimand him vanished instantly—not that I had intended to scold him in the first place.

“Don’t worry about it,” I reassured him gently. “Almost no one masters it on their first try. We’ll take things step by step.”

“...Okay,” Shinya replied, nodding softly.

I was being far too lenient, even by my own standards. At this relaxed pace, resolving our crisis before the academy reopened would remain a pipe dream. And yet...

“Rushing won’t change anything tonight, so let's retire for the evening,” I suggested, stretching lightly. “It’s been an exhausting day. I’m going to take a bath, so make yourself at home, Shinya.”

“...Got it,” he agreed obediently.

Soaking in a hot bath would surely help soothe the chaotic emotions swirling in my heart. Reassuring myself with that thought, I forcefully pushed the surreal fact that a stranger was residing in my room out of my mind.

“Just to be clear, don’t even think about peeping,” I warned, shooting him a stern glare. “If you try anything improper, I will burn you to cinders. Understood?”

“I-I would never do that!” Shinya protested, his face turning bright red. “Don’t make me sound like some kind of pervert!”

Seeing him shout back with a beet-red face, a small smile broke across my lips as I headed toward the bathroom. He felt less like a familiar and more like an endearing younger brother. Chuckling inwardly, I stepped inside, shut the dressing room door, and turned the lock securely. At last, I was alone. The instant tension ebbed away, exhaustion crashed over me like a tidal wave.

“What am I going to do now...?” I murmured softly, the question weighing heavy on my heart.

Muttering the question for what felt like the hundredth time, I unbuttoned my blazer, unzipped my skirt, and slipped off my blouse. Normally, I would fold them neatly to prevent wrinkles, but tonight I let them slide onto the floor in a heap. Feeling the cool air against my bare skin, I shed my final layer of underwear and unlocked the inner bathroom door.

Twisting the faucet, I waited a few seconds until steaming water poured from the showerhead, then stepped directly beneath the hot stream. Cascading droplets raced down the curve of my neck, tracing my spine before pooling at my feet.

Running my fingers through my hair, I let the invigorating pressure wash over me, wishing it could cleanse away everything that had transpired over the past half day. My heavy, waterlogged golden locks clung to my bare skin. Brushing them back, I stepped slowly into the grand marble bathtub.

The tub was filled to the brim with holy water, maintained at the perfect temperature by enchanted runes. Dipping my toes in, I gradually lowered my body into the bath. A weightless buoyancy cradled me, wrapping my entire body in a soothing embrace.

“......Fuuu...ah...”

A long, lingering sigh slipped past my lips. Steam infused with essential rose oil gently unraveled the tension knotted in my muscles. The crushing responsibilities of my noble bloodline, the weight of being the academy’s top student, the despair of losing my mana, and the presence of my new roommate outside—all of it seemed to dissolve into the fragrant water.

Resting my head against the smooth marble rim, I closed my eyes. Weightless in the water, my limbs drifted softly with the gentle ripples. The sheer bliss washed over me, lulling my weary mind toward a syrupy sea of slumber.

Surrounded by quiet warmth and ultimate comfort, an overwhelming urge to drift off right there washed over me. Ordinarily, I would never succumb to such indulgence, but today I lacked the strength to resist. Yielding to the sweet temptation, I surrendered myself completely to the intoxicating haze of sleep.


ToC

0

Post a Comment

close