NWQA9y4fvqTQ9rz5lZU0Ky7avuunQd0OpkNmfOuq
Bookmark
📣 IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE WITH THE ADS ON THIS WEB, YOU CAN JUST USE AD-BLOCK, NO NEED TO YAPPING ON DISCORD LIKE SOMEONE, SIMPLE. | JIKA KALIAN TIDAK NYAMAN DENGAN IKLAN YANG ADA DIDALAM WEB INI, KALIAN BISA MEMAKAI AD-BLOCK AJA, GAK USAH YAPPING DI DISCORD KAYAK SESEORANG, SIMPLE. ⚠️

[ENG] The Disciplinary Committee’s Lewd Games Volume 1 Chapter 10

 

​Chapter 10: The True Rival



​It was the Monday of the week after I looked at the album with Mio.

​After school, in the chapel.

​Blinding sunlight poured in through the stained glass, casting colorful patches of light onto the floor. In the silence, it looked as if time itself had stopped only in this room.

​—Fuyutsuki Niina was standing right in the center of it.

​"Fuyutsuki."

​Fuyutsuki, fully dressed in her summer uniform, slowly turned around. The ribbon on her uniform swayed, and a soft shadow—different from her usual expressionless face—fell across her features.

​I was the one who had called her here, but...

​"...Have you finally remembered?"

​Fuyutsuki was the one to cut to the chase first.

​"The day before yesterday, I was looking at an album. And then, I found a photo—"

​Saying that, I showed her the image of the photo I had taken with my phone.

​"You were only in this one photo, but this girl... 'Niina-chan', it was you all along, wasn't it?"

​Fuyutsuki let out a small laugh. It was a smile mixed with both nostalgia and resignation.

​"Yes... I am the girl in that photo."

​Saying that, Fuyutsuki looked up at the cross.

​"I hate this place. I feel like all my slyness is being completely seen through."

​"No, I already knew you were sly, but..."

​Fuyutsuki let out a quiet chuckle.

​"You really didn't remember, did you? About back then..."

​"Sorry. I still only have a vague..."

​"Have you figured out the mystery of why I was only in that one photo?"

​"Yeah... Mio's mom told us. She said there was a girl who came to our kindergarten for only a brief period of time. It was only for two or three months, but she said she played together with Mio and me."

​"Only, huh..."

​Fuyutsuki lowered her gaze.

​Particles of light reflected off her hair, making it look almost like tears.

​"But, for me, those two or three months were the most fun time of my life. I made friends. There were kids who invited me, saying, 'Niina-chan, let's play together.' That was you, Sawa-kun, and Segawa-san. Back then, I called you 'Ryo-chan' and 'Mi-chan', though..."

​Her words fell softly, one by one.

​"Because of my parents' work, we suddenly had to move away, and I didn't even get to say goodbye to everyone. Even so, I—always believed. That someday, if we met again, you would remember me..."

​I couldn't see Fuyutsuki's expression, but her voice sounded slightly self-deprecating.

​"They're memories from when we were five. Somewhere in my heart, I knew it couldn't be helped if you forgot. But, when I saw both your names on the day of the entrance ceremony, I was truly happy."

​My chest tightened, and I couldn't say a word.

​"So, I immediately went to see the two of you. I thought that even if you'd forgotten, if I talked to you, maybe you'd remember. The two of you were as close as ever. As you were walking side-by-side, I quietly approached you, but—"

"Looks like I'm at the same school as Ryo-chan again~"

"Now Mio is the only one who's been with me since kindergarten~"

"That's true."

"Well, I'm counting on you from here on out, alright?"

​Fuyutsuki had apparently overheard the trivial conversation Mio and I were having.

​"In that moment, I lost the will to speak to you. There was a bond between the two of you that I couldn't see, and I thought it would be wrong for me to just nonchalantly show up now and wedge myself between you—At least, that's what I thought at first."

​"...At first?"

​"Yeah. You two had been together ever since kindergarten, and I thought I was jealous of that. —But, I was envious."

​As if turning her back on the cross, Fuyutsuki slowly turned around.

​Because of the backlight, it took a little time for me to realize what kind of expression she was making.

​Finally, my eyes adjusted.

​Her face wore its usual expressionless look—no, it was an expression of quiet resignation.

​"I don't even know why I ended up feeling that way. But, there was something I absolutely didn't want you to forget, Sawa-kun."

​"Forget?"

​"You made a promise with me too, Sawa-kun, didn't you? For me, it was a precious, precious promise."

​In that instant, blinding light descended from the stained glass and stole my vision.

​I gasped.

​Besides Mio, my promise with 'Niina-chan'—the other promise I had forgotten, I finally remembered it—

​"—I'm Fuyutsuki... Niina. It is nice to meet you..."

​The winter at the end of our first year of kindergarten.

​At such an awkward time of year, a new kid came to our kindergarten.

​She was shy, and she introduced herself in a small voice, looking a little embarrassed.

​The me from back then didn't understand the meaning of the word "transfer".

​I just thought, "I got one more friend," and what the teacher told us—"Everyone, get along"—that was all that stuck in my head.

​Mio and I immediately went over to talk to her.

​"I'm Ryogo!"

​"Mio is Mio~!"

​Just like that, without anyone asking us to, Mio and I decided to become friends with 'Niina-chan'.

​Probably, the me back then thought that was just the natural thing to do.

​For everyone to get along and have fun—Mio likely thought the same thing.

​After that, the three of us spent more and more time together.

​Mio and I were already close, so adding 'Niina-chan' to the mix didn't ruin our dynamic or anything like that.

​Rather, every day was fun.

​We played together during spring break too.

​Building mountains in the sandbox, taking turns pushing each other on the swings, racing during playtime—looking back now, all of those were trivial scenes, but for us back then, they sparkled like they were the entire world.

​"Niina-chan, let's build a sand castle together!"

​"Okay!"

​At first, 'Niina-chan' timidly hid behind us, but before long, she began to smile more and more.

​When she smiled, dimples formed, and her eyes narrowed just a little.

​Wanting to see that smile, I acted like an idiot and said silly things, constantly trying to keep her entertained.

​And when evening came, the three of us lined up in front of the kindergarten gates, holding hands as we waited for the bus.

​Mio holding my right hand, 'Niina-chan' holding my left.

​Every day felt the same, but the fact that it continued was what made me happiest.

​—That's why, that "Goodbye" was far too sudden.

​For me, probably the first shocking event of my life was the "Goodbye" on that day.

​It was right after I made the "Mawwiage" promise with Mio and did the "vow kiss".

​Mio went back inside the building first, and I was left alone in that spot.

​—Then.

​Cherry blossom petals were faintly dyeing the ground. Behind that cherry tree, 'Niina-chan' was standing. She was looking down, appearing somewhat lonely...

​"Huh? What are you doing there?"

​When I called out to her, 'Niina-chan' lifted her head slightly.

​"Ryo-chan... were you kissing Mi-chan?"

​"Eh... you saw?"

​"Yeah."

​"Y-You can't tell the teacher, okay?"

​When I said that, 'Niina-chan' took one step closer to me.

​"Then, kiss me too."

​"Eh?"

​"Make a Mawwiage Prowmise with me too."

​"I-I can't. You can only get married to one person..."

​Even me from back then knew that much common sense.

​"It's for when we become adults, so you don't have to decide yet."

​"Really?"

​"Yeah. So, kiss me too. ...When we become adults, choose. Me, or Mi-chan, whichever one you want to marry."

​Saying that, Niina-chan gently closed her eyes.

​A single petal danced down and landed in her hair.

​For some reason, my heart was pounding, I held my breath, and even so—I gently pressed my lips to hers.

​It was a short, warm, and slightly sweet moment.

​When our lips parted, Niina-chan smiled just a little.

​"...Thank you, Ryo-chan."

​After saying that, tears shone in the depths of her eyes.

​"You know... I'm going to have to say goodbye soon."

​"Goodbye?"

​"Yeah. I'm going far away with Mom and Dad."

​"Far away? When are you coming back?"

​"I don't know."

​"Oh..."

​Words caught in my throat, and my chest felt hot.

​"Then, I'll wait forever."

​"Eh...?"

​"Until Niina-chan becomes an adult and comes back, I'll wait forever."

​"Really? You'll remember me?"

​"Yeah! That's why, I'll remember the Prowmise we just made too!"

​Niina-chan nodded with a face caught between crying and smiling.

​"Thank you, Ryo-chan."

​"Hehehe..."

​"Well then, I'm going, okay? —Goodbye, Ryo-chan. I love you!"

​The figure of her waving her hand melted away beyond the light.

​—After that day, 'Niina-chan' never appeared again.

​—When I remembered everything, the atmosphere in the chapel had somehow changed.

​The light from the stained glass faintly illuminated Fuyutsuki's hair, but it looked clearer than before.

​"I see... Back then, I made a promise to kiss and marry..."

​Fuyutsuki nodded quietly.

​"Yes. Sawa-kun and Segawa-san had completely forgotten about me and were spending their days happily. Watching that from afar, I came up with a little revenge plot."

​After saying that in a gentle tone, she continued while looking up at the cross, as if confessing a sin.

​"Right after our second year started, I found out Sawa-kun became a Disciplinary Committee member, so I asked a girl in my class to swap committee duties with me."

​"Then... you're a proxy too, Fuyutsuki?"

​"No, I'm not a proxy, I just properly took on the committee role. However, my goal was to get close to you, Sawa-kun. But I never expected the Disciplinary Committee to be such an unmotivated place, though, you know?"

​Fuyutsuki let out a small chuckle.

​"After joining the Disciplinary Committee, I thought about how I could tear you and Segawa-san apart."

​"So that's what that kiss, and the Secret Training were about?"

​Fuyutsuki shook her head from side to side.

​"That was just what I wanted to do. I asked you at the very beginning, didn't I?

"...Do you think I'd kiss you as a joke?"

​I really wasn't joking around. To give you the answer to what you asked back then, yes—I still liked you, Sawa-kun. I thought that if I kissed you, maybe the spell would break and you'd wake up. I wondered if maybe you'd remember me..."

​The back of my chest ached again. Even though her words were matter-of-fact, the regret and loneliness beneath them came across so clearly it hurt.

​"The Secret Training was also because I wanted you to become conscious of me, Sawa-kun."

​"Then... what about that video? Was that not to trap me?"

​"That was part of it, too."

​"It was!?"

​Fuyutsuki laughed amusingly with a fufu.

​"But you see, that video wasn't entirely calculated. The truth is, I actually wanted to have sex with you right there and look back at it later. A commemorative video."

​"You're such a pervert..."

​"Yes. I'm a pervert. I'm always fantasizing. Kissing Sawa-kun every day, having sex, making love—I have those delusions all the time, and I touch myself to them every single night."

​"Y-You're way too blunt!?"

​It almost made me want to start fantasizing, but... I see. So Fuyutsuki was the kind of girl who had those kinds of delusions, too.

​"But, Sawa-kun, you were so stiff... Ah, I mean your guard, you know?"

​"I know..."

​"Your guard was so solid, and I realized you wouldn't have sex unless it was with a girl you really liked."

​...Well, that was true, but recently it kind of felt like that wasn't exactly the case anymore.

​"? What's wrong?"

​"...No, keep going."

​Fuyutsuki nodded, still looking unconvinced.

​"So I thought, if I kept setting up the Secret Training, maybe Sawa-kun would eventually get in the mood. I wondered if maybe you'd come to like me more than Segawa-san... It was a complete failure, though."

​Fuyutsuki let out a small laugh.

​It was a slightly self-mocking smile, but one that somehow looked like a weight had been lifted.

​"But when Segawa-san caught us doing the Secret Training, I changed my plan."

​"Changed it how?"

​"To turn you into the ultimate Disciplinary Committee President of my preferences, Sawa-kun. No, my goal became returning you to the wild, hero-like Sawa-kun you were back when I liked you."

​So that was why she propped me up as the President and stuck to working behind the scenes.

​"That's why—at first, I intended for it to be revenge, but before I knew it, my 'love' for you won out halfway through, Sawa-kun."

​After saying that, Fuyutsuki took one step closer to me.

​The light softly caressed her cheek.

​Her expression looked calm, gentle, and incredibly beautiful.

​"I didn't want to make you remember me, and I didn't want to tear you away from Segawa-san anymore. I just wanted you to properly fall in love with me all over again. I stopped caring about the 'Prowmise' we made when we were little... I just wanted you to look at the me standing right here."

​The next instant, she gently closed her eyes—and her lips touched mine.

​It felt like a single second, and yet like an eternity.

​The memory of the promise kiss we exchanged in our childhood overlapped with the kiss of this very moment.

​When we parted, Fuyutsuki caught her breath slightly and smiled mischievously.

​"...Actually, that was my second kiss."



​Second? Her first was in kindergarten, so—.

​"Eh? Then, the one in the Disciplinary Committee room was...!?"

​"A bluff. We didn't really kiss. I just put lip gloss on my fingertip and dabbed it against your lips."

​As she laughed with a fufu, the remnants of that young 'Niina-chan' flickered across her face.

​"The truth is, I didn't have the courage to kiss a sleeping Sawa-kun."

​"Then, I was being swung around this whole time by a kiss that never even happened...?"

​"See? I'm sly, aren't I?"

​I was utterly dumbfounded, but I let out a massive sigh.

​"No... how should I put it, you're just exasperating..."

​That was the only impression I could finally muster. Fuyutsuki giggled again.

​"Yes. Being exasperating is also a part of me. Being sly, playing pranks, and still being completely in love with you, Sawa-kun—that's all me. Remember that."

​"I could never forget for the rest of my life..."

​"I know."

​Fuyutsuki lowered her eyes while laughing. Her shoulders were trembling slightly.

​"That's why, I think I'm going to put an end to this. I'm really sorry for swinging you around until now..."

​"...Fuyutsuki, end what?"

​"My one-sided love. Sawa-kun, I have one last favor to ask of you. —Please, reject me."

​"Wha..."

​"Please. I want to properly bring an end to these feelings. If I don't, I feel like I'll just keep hurting you forever, Sawa-kun..."

​Fighting back tears, Fuyutsuki still spoke looking straight ahead.

​"I'm truly sorry for everything up until now, okay? I hope things go well with Segawa-san. I love you—"

​Immediately following those words—

​"Hold it right theeeeeere!"

​The chapel doors flew open, and Mio burst in, panting heavily.

​"Sorry, I was listening the whole time. But I couldn't hold back anymore...!"

​—Actually, Mio had been on standby on the other side of the door. She had been watching over us the entire time, waiting for Fuyutsuki and me to finish talking.

​Fuyutsuki's eyes widened in surprise.

​"...Segawa-san."

​"No, that's wrong. You can just use Mio here, right? 'Mi-chan' like the old days is fine too!"

​Mio took a short breath to compose herself and stared straight at Fuyutsuki.

​"I heard everything. That's not fair, Niina-chan. Saying it with a face that looks like you're about to cry..."

​"...I'm sorry, Mi-chan. About Sawa-kun—"

​In that instant, Mio embraced Fuyutsuki from the front, as if cutting off her words.

​Fuyutsuki's eyes went wide.

​"You don't need to apologize. We're the ones who forgot. Truly, I'm sorry for everything up until now..."

​As Mio spoke through her tears, Fuyutsuki opened her mouth in bewilderment.

​"...Why aren't you angry? I was messing around with Sawa-kun, you know? I tried to tear you and Sawa-kun apart."

​"I have no reason... to be angry about that. Because it properly got across to me just how much you cherished Ryo-chan, Niina-chan. You made a 'Prowmise' to get married, you kissed him, and your feelings of loving Ryo-chan—they're the exact same as mine..."

​...Didn't she say before that she had 'no idea what she'd do' to her?

​Mio's words were completely unexpected to me, but in her own way, as someone who made the same "Prowmise", perhaps her feelings of understanding, restraint, and atonement toward Fuyutsuki were stronger.

​"...You really are unfair."

​"Eh?"

​Large drops of tears spilled from Fuyutsuki's eyes.

​"It would have been so much easier if you had just hated me... Something like this just makes it harder..."

​"Hehehe, thanks."

​Smiling, Mio gently took the hands of the continuously weeping Fuyutsuki.

​"Hey, Niina-chan... I plan to stay by Ryo-chan's side from here on out. But, you're going to be with him too, right, Niina-chan? From now on—we're rivals in love, is that okay with you?"

​Fuyutsuki's eyes went round before a soft smile spilled from her lips.

​"...I really am no match for you, Mi-chan..."

​"Right? But I still have a long way to go, so I'll have to learn a thing or two from you, Niina-chan."

​The quiet laughter of the two girls echoed gently through the silence of the chapel.

​Watching the scene unfold, I could only smile wryly.

​The tension that had filled the air just moments ago was softening, just like a spring breeze.

​"...What the heck are we doing in front of God?"

​At the words that inadvertently escaped my mouth, Mio laughed and shrugged her shoulders.

​"Is it our youthful confession time?"

​"No, it's probably the starting signal. A development like this basically guarantees a bloodbath for me, you know?"

​"Isn't it fine? A wonderful bloodbath like this."

​"...I guess so."

​The light from the stained glass shone down as if overlapping the shadows of the three of us.

​That light sparkled quietly, as if God himself were smiling upon us.

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

close