Chapter 2: Summoned to Another World, I Became a Beautiful Woman's Familiar
Dear Great-Grandmother—wherever you are, alive or dead. Right now, I’m in another world. You’d probably double over laughing if you heard me say that, but rest assured, I don’t even understand what I’m saying myself.
Engaged in that bit of escapism, I, Shinya Nanatsuma, found myself sinking into an impossibly plush sofa, staring blankly up at an unfamiliar ceiling.
To keep my mind off the sound of the shower echoing from the bathroom—and the wicked thoughts threatening to take root—I tried to make sense of everything that had happened to me so far.
It had started out as an ordinary, boring day like any other. I woke up, went to school, shot the breeze with my friends, and came home. I was sprawling on my bed casually reading manga when a magic circle suddenly appeared on the floor, blinding me with a brilliant flash of light. When I opened my eyes, I was in a musty basement, staring at an impossibly gorgeous blonde girl who introduced herself as Alphiria Glastonbury.
Before I could even process what was going on, Alphiria collapsed unconscious, sending my panic into overdrive. Right after that, a strange floating sensation washed over me, and in the blink of an eye, I was teleported to a lavishly decorated office. Standing there was yet another stunning beauty.
“To think the young lady of Glastonbury House would dabble in taboo magic...” Ortea had muttered with a meaningful sigh. “Though I must say, this aura feels awfully nostalgic.”
The mature woman—whose name was Ortea Welt, if I remembered correctly—had shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly. Up to that point, I had only managed to grasp two things: one, I had been summoned to another world, and two, I hadn’t received any of the cheat abilities guaranteed to light novel and manga protagonists.
After Alphiria woke up, Lady Ortea explained the situation to us:
First, I had been summoned as a Familiar through the Otherworld Summoning magic Alphiria cast.
Second, Otherworld Summoning was strictly classified as taboo magic.
Third, I had somehow absorbed the vast majority of Alphiria’s mana upon arrival.
Fourth, unless I learned to draw out that power and fight as her Familiar, Alphiria wouldn’t just be expelled from the academy—she could face execution for dabbling in forbidden arts.
And fifth, in order to unlock that power, we had to live under the same roof.
That was the sum of it. Laying it out bullet point by bullet point only underscored how utterly absurd the whole situation was.
Honestly, I had to admire the sheer mental fortitude of manga and light novel protagonists who immediately adapt to these setups and start living their best fantasy lives. Even if it was her own doing, knowing I held the fate of a girl around my own age in my hands meant I couldn’t afford to be carefree about it.
“I’ve never even had a girlfriend, and now I’m bound to a partner-in-fate...?” I grumbled miserably to myself.
Give me a break, I thought with a heavy sigh. I couldn’t even remember the last time I’d held hands with a girl, and now I was expected to cohabitate with one? Talk about skipping a few essential steps. To make matters worse, she was a breathtaking beauty straight out of a masterpiece painting, making this hellish in more ways than one. Case in point: soundproofing apparently didn’t exist in this world, because the vivid sound of splashing water was wafting directly from the bathroom.
“...I should count prime numbers. Two, three, five, seven...” I muttered under my breath.
I shook my head violently to banish the wicked thoughts, but the soft trickling of water echoing through the wall whipped my imagination into an uncontrollable frenzy.
That gorgeous, princess-like girl I just met today is shedding her clothes right over there, hot droplets cascading over her bare skin as she lets out sweet, soft sighs...
“Gah, no! Eleven, thirteen, seventeen...!” I blurted out, trying to forcibly reset my brain.
Just visualizing it sent my pulse racing loudly in my ears, making my face burn so hot it felt like it was on fire. If anything, my entire body was starting to feel unnaturally warm.
Just as I began wondering what this strange sensation was, the door clicked open. Instantly, the sweet, moist scent of roses filled the living room. I snapped my head toward the sound, only for an unearthly sight to greet my eyes.
“Haaah... I feel like a whole new person,” Alphiria sighed contentedly in a relaxed voice. “Nothing beats a hot bath. I truly can’t thank Headmistress Ortea enough for developing this system.”
The one who had stepped out, murmuring softly to herself, was none other than Alphiria, her skin flushed with a delicate rosy tint from the bath. To make matters infinitely worse, her heated body was clad in nothing more than a whisper-thin silk camisole, leaving her completely defenseless.
“...Huh?” I squeaked out.
My entire vocabulary evaporated into thin air in an instant.
Her golden strands of hair, wet and clinging to her skin. Her complexion, pure as untrodden snow. Her long, stunningly supple legs stretching out below. Droplets of water trickled down, soaking through the translucent silk fabric to highlight the supple curves of her bosom, practically radiating soft warmth without even needing to touch them. I stood frozen, captivated by her almost intoxicating beauty.
“...Eh?” Alphiria gasped softly.
With that dazed murmur, her jewel-like blue eyes widened in shock, locking squarely onto mine. Time ground to a halt, and all sound vanished from the world.
“Wh-Wh-Wh-What...?! Why are YOU here?!” Alphiria screeched, her face flushing crimson as her piercing shriek shattered the silence.
Her ear-splitting scream cut through the quiet like a blade, finally jump-starting my paralyzed brain.
“Whoa, whoa, wait a second?!” I shot back defensively. “You’re the one who told me to wait right here, Aria!”
“Sh-Shut up! Don’t look! Close your eyes with utmost urgency, you idiot Shinya!!” Alphiria shrieked angrily.
Stomping over furiously, she grabbed a sofa cushion and slammed it directly into my face with all her might. I tried desperately to avert my eyes while taking the blow, but the sight burned into my memory wasn’t so easily erased. To make matters worse, every time she moved so frantically, the luscious swell of her chest bounced tantalizingly in my field of vision, fueling my excitement against my will.
“...Ah.” I gasped.
This is bad, I instinctively realized just as my left chest thudded violently. The force was so immense I thought my heart might explode, forcing me to clutch my chest and curl inward.
My vision flickered erratically, rainbow-colored motes of light sparkling at the edges. With every erratic thud of my heart, a surge of fiery, magma-like heat coursed through my body, racking me with agony so intense it felt as though my blood vessels were about to burst.
“G-Gah... Ah... It’s so hot...?!” I groaned, writhing in pain.
“Sh-Shinya?! Wait, what’s wrong with you...? No way—! An outrageous amount of mana is leaking out...?! Wait, is it going out of control?!” Alphiria cried out in panic.
Seeing my sudden collapse, Alphiria turned pale and yelled out, rushing to my side. But I had no energy left to answer her. Strength drained from my limbs so rapidly that even her frantic voice sounded distant and muffled.
The world dissolved into darkness as my consciousness sank toward the bottom of a muddy abyss. Yet through it all, my heart alone throbbed fiercely, as if trembling in wild euphoria.
My heart is going to burst...!
Just as I became certain of my impending death, I was violently pinned down against the sofa.
“Shinya, look at me! Focus! Don't let your consciousness drift!” Alphiria commanded sharply.
Along with her resolute voice, Alphiria’s scantily clad form burst through the rainbow haze clouding my vision.
“Calm down and take slow, deep breaths. You can do that, right?” Alphiria urged coaxingly.
“Haaah, haaah, haaah... Y-Yeah...” I managed to pant out.
Her tender voice reached my ears as she pulled me into a tight embrace. Feeling her warmth radiating through the impossibly thin layer of silk, I wrapped my arms around her back in return.
“Ngh... Ah...” I whimpered softly.
Her sweet scent and soft, comforting warmth enveloped me. Normally, such close contact would have driven my racing pulse into overdrive, but the moment she embraced me tightly, the wild heat raging inside me began flowing into Alphiria. Slowly, my frantically thumping heart regained its composure.
“Feeling better, Shinya?” Alphiria whispered softly into my ear.
I nodded weakly in response to the sweet whisper near my ear. The roaring in my chest had subsided, and the feverish heat scorching my skin was gradually ebbing away.
However, as my senses returned, I realized just how precarious our current position was. In a way, this was tens of thousands of times more dangerous than the mysterious mana surge.
“...Aria, can I ask you for one small favor?” I asked hesitantly.
“Hmm? What is it? What’s wrong?” Alphiria inquired innocently.
“Um, I’m deeply sorry to ask this, but... could you please let go of me now?” I blurted out timidly.
“Huh?” Alphiria squeaked in confusion.
Her clueless sound was understandable, given that she was practically naked and pressing her full, supple bosom so tightly against me that it squished out of shape. For a healthy teenage boy, this was far too overwhelming. If she didn’t step away soon, I was going to suffocate in a completely different way.
“...Ah!” Alphiria gasped as reality finally registered.
Her shoulders jolted as she finally realized her posture. Slowly, like a broken wind-up doll, she raised her head. Our eyes met at point-blank range. Her jewel-like blue eyes glistened with tears, and her face was flushed bright red all the way to the back of her ears.
“Sh-Sh-Shinya, you idiot! Pervert! Monster! Give me back my concern!” Alphiria shrieked, red-faced.
The instant she fully grasped her situation—and what she had been pressing against me—she delivered a full-power punch straight to my solar plexus. Sparks brighter than rainbow magic exploded across my vision, and a sound like a squished frog burst from my throat.
“I’m going to sleep! Good night!” Alphiria barked furiously.
Slamming out her parting shot, she bolted from the living room like a startled rabbit. The door shut with a heavy bang. Massaging my bruised abdomen, I pushed myself up. Though it felt entirely unfair, hearing someone say "good night" to me for the first time in a while made happiness win out over anger.
“Great-Grandmother... life in another world is way too intense for me...” I whimpered, staring up at the ceiling.
Staring at the ceiling, I pressed a hand to my still-warm chest. How was I supposed to face her tomorrow? Would we really be able to pull through together? Yet despite my endless anxieties, my heart gave a quiet, thrilled thud, as if celebrating this new encounter.




Post a Comment