NWQA9y4fvqTQ9rz5lZU0Ky7avuunQd0OpkNmfOuq
Bookmark
📣 IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE WITH THE ADS ON THIS WEB, YOU CAN JUST USE AD-BLOCK, NO NEED TO YAPPING ON DISCORD LIKE SOMEONE, SIMPLE. | JIKA KALIAN TIDAK NYAMAN DENGAN IKLAN YANG ADA DIDALAM WEB INI, KALIAN BISA MEMAKAI AD-BLOCK AJA, GAK USAH YAPPING DI DISCORD KAYAK SESEORANG, SIMPLE. ⚠️

[ENG] If I Become the Lifesaver of the Single Most Adorable Kouhai in the Academy, She Becomes a Commuting Wife and Comes Pressing for a Relationship Volume 2 Prologue

 

Prologue



You often hear that every meeting leads to a parting, but life isn't like manga or movies where the protagonist and heroine walk off in separate directions as the end credits roll—a truth that I, Shirasu Yuika, am currently learning the hard way.

Love is sometimes as sweet as the finest macaron, and at other times as fragile as delicate glassware, ready to shatter at the slightest touch.

"I'm so happy for you, Yuika-chan. Your feelings for your beloved Mido-kun are mutual now."

The woman gently brushing my hair after my bath was Nanase Ririka-san, who had been my personal maid and had taken care of me since I was a little girl.

Having spent so many years together, we were closer to big and little sisters than mistress and maid. She was an incredibly dependable person who taught me how to cook and study, and even gave me advice on love. Yet for some reason, Senpai—my first love, fiancé, and the person I was acting as a commuting wife for, Mido Tomoya—regarded Nanase-san as an enemy, muttering things like, I'm going to give her a piece of my mind one of these days. I wonder why?

"This is all thanks to all the advice you gave me, Nanase-san. Thank you so much!"


"Don't let your guard down just yet. What comes next is what really counts. If you don't keep feeding the fish you caught, it'll swim away before you know it, okay?"

"What are you talking about, Nanase-san? Senpai isn't a fish," Shirasu replied, pouting slightly. "Besides, by 'bait,' you mean meals, right? If so, I pour all my love into cooking for him every single day!"

Just remembering the way Senpai smiled while eating my home cooking and saying, "It's delicious. Thanks, Shirasu," made my cheeks soften into a grin. Surely the rosy flush in the mirror was entirely due to the hot bath.

If anything, Senpai was less like a fish and more like a proud feline. That was because he could be quite stubborn and dishonest with his feelings.

I wanted nothing more than to shower him with affection since he worked so hard all on his own, but he rarely let me close. Yet right when I least expected it, he would press himself against me and switch into a needy mode, sending my heart into overdrive. I really wished he would learn the concept of giving prior warning.

Incidentally, I specifically referred to him as a "feline" because if I called him a plain housecat, he would definitely pout and protest, "I'm not a cat." For the sake of Senpai's pride, let me compare him to a cool tiger instead.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. That won't do at all, Yuika-chan. That mindset is sweeter than a caramel frappuccino. At this rate, the Mido-kun you worked so hard to catch is going to leap right out of the tank!"

"...Huh? Escape? What do you mean by that?"

"Actually, I had a short chat with Mido-kun the other day. I can see why you're so head-over-heels for him—he really is quite a fine young man."

"Right?! Senpai has always been so kind and handsome!"

Nanase-san must have talked to Senpai when we went shopping and watched a movie. I had been so excited that day that I could barely sleep the night before, and after dinner, drowsiness overwhelmed me. Anticipating that outcome, I had asked Nanase-san to pick me up. Even though I had originally planned for us to spend the night together at a hotel overlooking the city lights... I definitely need to make up for that soon.

"He's handsome, and since he's lived alone for so long, he can handle all the housework. A super-husband like him is rare these days. If I were ten years younger, I'd be making a fierce play for him myself."

"Wh-What are you saying?! You can't have Senpai!"

Nanase-san had blurted out something so outrageous out of nowhere that I scrambled up in a panic, nearly knocking my chair over. She was a dependable older sister figure, stunningly beautiful, great at cooking, impeccably attentive, and... well, she had a large chest. If Nanase-san became my rival, I probably wouldn't stand a chance.

"Fufu. Relax, Yuika-chan. I'm just kidding. As much as I like younger guys—and Mido-kun is right in my strike zone—I'm in my mid-twenties. Making a move on him would be practically criminal. Plus, I don't have such bad taste as to steal my precious Yuika-chan's first love."

"Well, as long as you're joking... Ah, but since you seem so good at pampering people, Nanase-san, I'd actually love for you to show me an example of how to spoil Senpai."

"I feel like that would end up turning out poorly for Mido-kun in its own way... But that's not what I meant! What I'm saying is that if you get careless, a hawk will swoop down from the side and snatch him away."

What did she mean by that? Was Senpai fried tofu waiting to be snatched by a hawk? Joking aside, I understood what Nanase-san was driving at from the context of our conversation.

"There's a ninety-nine percent chance Mido-kun won't stray from you unless a natural disaster strikes. But still, there might be hungry lions lurking around, waiting for the right moment to pounce on him."

Hearing that brought a certain woman's face to mind—a cool, mature girl who was in Senpai's class. Her name was Mimasaka Iori-san, if I recalled correctly. She had raven hair like the night sky, a model-like figure, and... yes, a large chest as well.

When we crossed paths at the movie theater, she was with her younger brother, and they seemed so close to Senpai that it felt like family. Frustrated that she knew a side of Senpai I didn't, I had pouted and hidden behind his back. Looking back, that was my complete defeat.

"...I don't want that. Senpai is mine and mine alone. I don't want anyone taking him from me."

"Aww... Yuika-chan, you really are unfairly cute. Honestly, I don't know how Mido-kun restrains himself every day..."

Nanase-san patted my head as she praised Senpai, who wasn't even here. Was Senpai holding something back? Keeping things bottled up wasn't good for his health, so I would have to help him let off some steam.

"Don't worry, Yuika-chan. Just keep up the aggressive approach like you've been doing. Drive him so wild that your beloved Senpai can't think of anyone but you!"

"I-I see... So move as swiftly as a raging fire, right?! What should I do specifically?!"

"Exactly! Leave it to your big sister! I'll prepare an outfit and scenario that'll leave Mido-kun completely spellbound!"

"Ooh...! Thank you so much, Nanase-san!"

Having a dependable maid for an older sister figure was truly a blessing. Just you wait, Senpai. I'm going to pamper you so thoroughly that you won't be able to think about anyone else. Prepare yourself.

"I wonder if Yuika-chan and Mido-kun have actually confessed their feelings to each other properly..."

I thought she muttered something under her breath, but the sound of the hairdryer drowned it out before it could reach my ears.

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

close