NWQA9y4fvqTQ9rz5lZU0Ky7avuunQd0OpkNmfOuq
Bookmark
📣 IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE WITH THE ADS ON THIS WEB, YOU CAN JUST USE AD-BLOCK, NO NEED TO YAPPING ON DISCORD LIKE SOMEONE, SIMPLE. | JIKA KALIAN TIDAK NYAMAN DENGAN IKLAN YANG ADA DIDALAM WEB INI, KALIAN BISA MEMAKAI AD-BLOCK AJA, GAK USAH YAPPING DI DISCORD KAYAK SESEORANG, SIMPLE. ⚠️

[ENG] I Became the Strongest Thanks to the Devotion of a Fallen Genius Noblewoman ~After I saved a Fallen Lady who lost her Magic, She Won't Stop Begging for Kisses~ Volume 1 Epilogue

 

Epilogue


So bright... I slowly opened my eyes, trying to shield them from a warm light that seared white against the backs of my eyelids, only for an unfamiliar, pristine white ceiling to drift into view. The faint scent of medicine tickled my nostrils, mingled with the thick, sweet floral fragrance of boiled honey.

"So you're finally awake," a voice called out.

Accompanying the sharp thud of a heavy book snapping shut was a tone that sounded secretly relieved, despite her dry words. Shifting my heavy gaze toward the source, I found a mature, breathtaking beauty sitting on an ill-fitting folding chair beside my bed, offering me a gentle smile.

It was none other than Headmistress Ortea Welt—the ruler of Aurora Magic Academy and the strongest mage of our era.

"What a sleepyhead of a familiar you are," Ortea teased playfully. "I was beginning to think I'd finish another whole book before you opened your eyes."

"S-Sorry..." I muttered sheepishly.

As I tried to sit up, an agonizing, creaking pain shot through my entire body—especially around my heart—forcing me to clutch the bedsheets and curl in on myself. From the core of my bones to every last muscle fiber, everything was screaming. I couldn't even catch a proper breath.

"Don't push yourself, Shinya," Ortea urged gently. "Don't mind me; you can stay lying down."

"N-No... I'm okay," I stammered through the pain, putting on a brave face. "How long... was I asleep?"

I forced out an answer as Headmistress Ortea supported my shoulder, taking two, then three deep breaths. As oxygen slowly flooded my groggy brain, my hazy consciousness snapped back into focus with rapid clarity.

"For three full days," Ortea answered soberly. "It's the backlash from squeezing out not just your mana, but your very life force. Honestly, it's a miracle you're even alive."

"Three whole days... Wait, that's right! What about Heimdall?!" I gasped, sudden dread washing over him. "Are Aria and Cyril safe?!"

"Sigh... Calm down, you fool," Ortea chastised with a sigh. "Don't forget you've only just escaped death's door."

She flicked my forehead with a finger, looking utterly exasperated.

"Ouch..." I winced.

"Both of them are unharmed," Ortea reassured him. "And make sure you thank Cyril when you see her. She came straight to me to report the anomaly in the dungeon, which was how I was able to go retrieve you and Alphiria in time."

"Thank goodness..." I let out a long breath of relief. "They're both safe... Thank goodness..."

All the tension drained from my body, and I sank back into the mattress. Headmistress Ortea placed her palm gently atop my head, stroking my hair as if combing through it with tender care.

"You did exceptionally well, Shinya," Ortea praised softly.

"...Thank you, Headmistress," I murmured gratefully.

"Hmph. A student who works this hard deserves a proper reward," Ortea purred with a sultry chuckle.

With those words, the hand that had been caressing my head slid smoothly down my nape, slipping right into the collar of my pajamas.

"W-Wait, Headmistress...?!" I squeaked, stiffening in shock.

"I'll grant whatever your heart desires," Ortea whispered playfully. "Shall I cook a home-made meal for you? Or perhaps give you a lap pillow and sing a lullaby like before? Or... would a healthy young boy prefer something a bit more direct?"

"I-I don't need any reward in the first place..." I protested, flubbing his words.

"There's no need to hold back or be shy," Ortea teased softly. "Or are you saying an older woman like me lacks the charm to excite you?"

Wearing a seductive smile, the headmistress traced her fingertips across my chest and abdomen. Completely overwhelmed by the rich fragrance of honey at point-blank range and the captivating allure unique to a mature woman, I couldn't bear it and hastily averted my gaze.

"...Look at me, Shinya," Ortea coaxed sweetly.

As I looked away, Headmistress Ortea cooed in a sugary voice that sounded slightly pouting, yet clearly relished my flustered reaction to the fullest.

Unable to resist, I timidly shifted my eyes back to her, only to see Headmistress Ortea gracefully reaching up to unfasten the top buttons of her dress.

"...Ah," I gasped.

Right before my eyes, the headmistress loosened her neckline. Through the subtle gap, her voluptuous cleavage and dazzlingly fair skin were exposed without mercy.

"Come now, don't be shy," Ortea murmured invitingly. "Feel free to spoil yourself on me to your heart's content—"

Just as she whispered those sultry words and leaned in so close our noses were nearly touching—

SLAM! The hospital room door suddenly rattled open with tremendous force.

"...Huh?" I blinked.

"...Ah," Alphiria squeaked.

"My, my..." Ortea noted coolly.

Three entirely different, baffled reactions hung in the air. Time seemed to freeze as an immensely awkward silence descended upon the room. The first to break the spell was the newcomer who had just barged in—Alphiria.

"W-W-W-What in the world are you doing, Headmistress?!" Alphiria shrieked, her face turning beet red. "Why are you leaning all over Shinya?!"

Brandishing a fruit basket loaded with get-well treats like a weapon, she stomped furiously over to the bedside.

"Isn't it obvious?" Ortea replied nonchalantly. "Shinya just woke up, so I was merely examining his body to ensure there were no lingering abnormalities."

"Even so, you're way too close!" Alphiria barked back fiercely. "Step away from Shinya right now, as swiftly as humanly possible!"

Sparks practically flew between the two of them. Is it just my imagination, or does this situation feel way more life-threatening than when we fought Heimdall...?

"I am his primary physician, you know..." Ortea sighed, shaking her head. "Well, very well. I shall take my leave out of respect for the devoted master who sat by his bedside from morning till night, waiting for him to awaken."

"H-H-How on earth did you know about—?!" Alphiria stammered, caught completely off guard.

Seeing Alphiria's hilarious fluster, Headmistress Ortea let out an amused chuckle. Pulling her face back from mine, she turned and strolled leisurely toward the exit.

"Well then, I'll be off," Ortea called out over her shoulder with a sly wink. "Do try not to get carried away, Alphiria. Shinya has only just recovered, after all."

"W-W-Whaaat?!" Alphiria squawked indignantly. "What kind of person do you take me for?!"

Alphiria shrieked in absolute denial, her voice cracking in dismay. With a grand laugh that wouldn't have sounded out of place on a villainess, Headmistress Ortea swept out of the room.

As the storm subsided, a quiet stillness settled over the room. Well... what should I do now? I genuinely had no idea what to say in a moment like this.

"...That was all complete nonsense," Alphiria muttered under her breath.

Sinking into the chair Headmistress Ortea had vacated moments ago, she mumbled quietly. Deciding to pretend I hadn't noticed that her ears were burning just as bright red as her cheeks, I cautiously broached the topic.

"W-Nonsense...? What do you mean?" I asked hesitantly.

"Hmph! That story about me staying by your side the whole time you were unconscious!" Alphiria huffed, turning her nose up. "Don't get the wrong idea! It's not like I have nothing better to do with my time!"

She huffed curtly, snapping her head away in the opposite direction. Seeing a display of tsundere behavior pure enough to belong on an endangered species list, I couldn't help a small laugh from escaping my lips. When my master gluttonously threw a deadpan glare my way as if to demand what was so funny, I offered a sincere smile.

"Thank you, Aria," I said gently. "I'm really happy you stayed by my side."

"...You idiot, Shinya," Alphiria whispered softly, her voice trembling. "You kept me waiting far too long."

Despite her harsh words, a radiant smile bloomed across Alphiria's face like a flower in full bloom, even as tears overflowed from her eyes. Forcing my still-aching body to move, I raised my right hand and gently wiped away the raindrops trickling down her cheek.

"You're quite the crybaby after all, Aria," I teased softly.

"That's only because you constantly make me worry, Shinya," Alphiria retorted quietly.

She layered her palm over mine, clutching my hand tenderly as if holding something fragile. The sweet fragrance of roses gently suffused the air of the hospital room.

"...Don't forget our promise, okay?" Alphiria murmured softly.


The promise she spoke of with a serene smile was, without a doubt, the vow we had exchanged when death pressed close upon us. How could I ever forget? The sensation of her lips, her warmth—I remembered every single detail.

"Of course," I answered earnestly. "How could I ever forget?"

"Hee-hee. Good," Alphiria giggled happily. "Next time, I'll work even harder so I can stand by your side until the very end... so please keep looking after me, Shinya."

"Yeah. I'm relying on you too, Aria," I replied.

When I answered, she beamed with deep satisfaction, though a flustered blush colored her cheeks.

"...Shinya," Alphiria whispered softly.

Alphiria leaned her face in slowly. Her tears had stopped, replaced instead by a sweet, intoxicating warmth.

"A-Aria..." I breathed, his heart pounding.

There was nothing left between us. Even the distant thrum of hammer blows from the reconstruction work outside felt like something happening in a world far away. As her face drew closer, my field of vision filled entirely with the fan of her long, starlight-dappled eyelashes—

"Hey, Aria! Don't go stealing a march on me!" Cyril's playful voice cut through the air.

"Eek?!" both I and Alphiria shrieked simultaneously.

The door clattered open once more as Cyril's exasperated voice echoed into the room, sending Aria and me springing apart like recoiling springs. That was way too close! We were almost caught right in the act!

"H-Hey! Where are your manners, Cyril?!" Alphiria snapped, flushing scarlet. "At least knock before barging in!"

"My, how rude," Cyril replied nonchalantly. "I'll have you know I did knock. More importantly, Aria... your face looks awfully red. Just what were the two of you up to before I walked in?"

"W-We weren't doing anything at all!" Alphiria protested frantically. "I was just checking on Shinya's condition up close!"

"Hmm... 'checking his condition,' is it?" Cyril mused, purring with suspicion.

Letting out a sultry chuckle, Cyril strolled over to the bed and leaned over, peering closely into my face.

"I'm truly glad you woke up, Shinya," Cyril said softly. "If there's ever anything troubling you, don't hesitate to ask. I'll do an-y-thing for you."

Leaning down right next to my ear, Cyril whispered those loaded words before exhaling a breath of sweet, hot air against my skin.

"Hey, Cyril?!" Alphiria squawked angrily. "Don't you dare flirt with Shinya the second my back is turned!"

"Oh, excuse me," Cyril teased with a shrug. "I was merely being kind, but Aria is just so possessive, isn't she? Poor Shinya... if you ever get sick of her, you're welcome to come to me anytime."

"Ahahaha..." Shinya laughed weakly.

"Hey, Shinya!" Alphiria barked, glaring at him. "Don't just stand there grinning like an idiot! Reject her clearly!"

They say three women make a crowd, but two seem noisy enough... I thought to myself, absentmindedly watching Alphiria and Cyril bicker back and forth.

"Both of you, please... this is a hospital room, so quiet down..." I grumbled, letting out an exasperated sigh.

Even as I complained, my lips unbiddenly curled into a smile. The sweet scent of roses tickling my nose, the lively voices filling the room, and the warm sunlight streaming through the window—

Enveloped in that comforting warmth, I smiled gently as I watched Alphiria and Cyril's endearing banter.




END


ToC

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

close